LifeShield brings you protection for the 21st Century. The LifeShield home security system actually has four layers of back-up and is almost impossible for any burglar to defeat.
Security System Overview
LifeShield Security is really making a push to provide high-quality technology to their customers. The new Homescreen Touchpad is now available in Beta!
LifeShield was recently purchased by DirecTV. Only current DirecTV customers can use LifeShield as their home security system. LifeShield products can no longer be purchased separate of DirecTV products and will be bundled as part of a package.
The Homescreen Touchpad is an 8-inch Android tablet pre-loaded with the LifeView application to make it easier than ever to sync to your home security. You will be able to do everything you normally do on your LifeShield keypad console, and you will also have access additional safety features from anywhere within your home.
When you enter LifeShield’s Beta program, here’s what you should expect:
- The LifeView application will be the only app on the Touchpad. This only benefits your security, and allows LifeShield to assist you remotely with any troubleshooting – remember, this is a Beta product!
- You will receive the traditional keypad console in addition to the Homescreen Touchpad. Eventually, the touchpad will replace the keypad console, so please use the touchpad as much as possible so that you can give LifeShield honest feedback on how they can improve the user experience.
- LifeShield needs your feedback! Your participation in the Beta program is essential to the future of LifeShield’s products. Please provide us with your honest feedback and opinions on surveys and via email anytime.
LifeShield uniquely offers DIY kits and professional installation. For individuals who feel comfortable installing the system themselves, we highly recommend the Home Essential Kit – Gold Package.
Here’s what you’ll get with LifeShield Gold Package (free*)
- 1 Base
- 3 door/window sensors
- Console (tablet)
- Keychain remote
- Window and yard decals
- Motion detector
- Fire safety sensor
LifeShield Security offers not only the most innovative wireless equipment on the market, but also allows you to use an iPad or smart phone to monitor the activities at your home with their LifeView product. The equipment includes glass break sensors and wireless cameras, among other security features. The remote control for arming or disarming your home while safely away from the house is also worth mentioning. They offer a lot of free products and services including: equipment, LifeView and remote monitoring, and fire monitoring. As a matter of fact, LifeShield sometimes offers free iPads for LifeView monitoring. LifeShield also claims to respond the fastest to emergencies, so you can always trust them to handle such situations in a timely manner and appropriately. Some other benefits include:
- FREE Equipment
- Cutting edge technology software LifeView™ monitors system from phone or computer
- Offers professional installation or self installation packages
- No landline required. Internet and cellular communications
- All Wireless Systems- no holes in your doors and windows
- 24/7 Professional Home Security Monitoring
- LifeShield manufactures its own equipment and software to assure its quality, reliability, and cut costs for consumers
No company is perfect, but it looks like LifeShield is working on improving their services. Here is why BHSC experts recommend their services:
- Installation options – Customers have the ability to decide whether to enlist the help of a professional or save on costs and install the system on their own. The more options the better.
- Inexpensive Set-up – Unlike other home security options, LifeShield customers do not have to pay for all of the equipment and can even install the system on their own. This will save the customer tremendously as it pertains to setting up the system.
- Low monitoring fees – The LifeShield home security model not only saves the customer initially in the set-up process, but they also save with low monthly monitoring costs of $29.99.
Bad reviews about LifeShield are hard to come by; however, there are still a few issues that should be dealt with. One of them is the fact that some consumers have reported that equipment is faulty at times, but as an incentive, LifeShield offers their customers extra equipment if customers report it to them. Customers can also buy lifetime warranties for a mere $2.95. Another problem is they do not offer refunds to customers whenever the need arises. Most companies operating in the home security industry do not offer refunds, but it is still frustrating regardless.
The Bottom Line
LifeShield Security is one of the best home security companies in the industry and offers solutions that are both innovative and effective. Their products and services are exceptional, given the fact that they use updated technology while also offering free security services and equipment. LifeShield is quickly becoming an innovator and leader in the home security industry. If you are looking for home security solutions that will suit your needs while at home and away, you can definitely trust LifeShield because of their customized solutions and consumer-centric methods. Visit LifeShield today!
The LifeShield security product is designed to be a DIY product easily setup in your home. Installation options include self setup or professional installation via an authorized LifeShield partner. Professional installation must be provided by an authorized LifeShield partner for warranty. Professional installation fees vary based on promotional offer, location, product purchased, and existence of other security products in the home. Estimates for cost will be provided via phone but may vary based on actual time spent on installation. Next day installation is not available in all areas and is contingent on consumer having the LifeShield product in their home available for installation. Installation promotional discounts not available for all products or in all locations and vary based on credit history.
Why it’s important
Since LifeShield is a DIY product that is intended to be installed by the customer, any systems that are not installed by the customer or by a professional LifeShield technician is not covered by warranty. If you do need profession installation, keep in mind that some areas are not available for next-day installation.
Money Back Guarantee and Return Policy:
The System will become your property upon payment in-full of the Amount Due at Purchase, including all applicable sales tax. Yard signs and decals shall remain our property and may be removed by us at termination of this Contract. Your right to display the yard signs and decals on your property during the term of this Contract is not transferable.
Why it’s important
Property is granted once payment in-full is made at the time of purchase, including sales tax.
Risk of Loss
We are not responsible for loss or damage to your System or our equipment due to events or circumstances beyond our control. NO SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE WILL RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS CONTRACT. You should keep your System insured against risk of loss in an amount equal to its replacement cost.
Why it’s important
LifeShield is not responsible for any damage to the home security system. If something happens which makes the system unusable the home owner is still obligated to pay the monthly service fee.
This is for a 36 or 60-month service agreement and DIY security kit only. Professional installation is not available with this offer. Up front monthly service payments may be required. Shipping and accessory costs are costs in addition to this promotion. Other restrictions apply.
Why it’s important
If a customer receives free equipment under a special offer professional installation is not available.
This policy applies to purchases made directly from lifeshield.com, through a LifeShield Security Advisor, or through an authorized partner.
You may cancel security-monitoring services if you are a member of a branch of the United States armed forces or reserves and get called for military duty away from your residence. You must contact us by calling 1-800-481-7432 and provide proof of your service by mailing the supporting paperwork to corporate headquarters after speaking with a LifeShield Security Advisor.
Service may also be cancelled if the subscriber dies during the term of the service agreement. The executor of the Subscriber’s estate or next of kin should contact us and provide us with a valid death certificate. Upon receipt of a valid death certificate, we will terminate the security agreement without penalty.
Why it’s important
If you are a member of a branch of the United States military you are eligible to cancel the monitoring services at any time. Also, services may be canceled if the subscriber dies during the term of service. The individual in charge of the homeowners estate must send LifeShield a valid death certificate.
Products Covered/Length of Coverage (the “Warranty Period”)
New LifeShield Branded Products: One (1) year from the date of purchase by the first consumer purchaser of the Product.
Products that are Repaired or Replaced. The balance of the original warranty or for ninety (90) days from the date returned to the consumer, whichever expires later.
Batteries. Only batteries whose fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity and batteries that leak are covered by this limited warranty.
Why it’s important
New equipment is covered for one year, and batteries are covered if their fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity.
What is Not Covered
Normal Wear and Tear: Periodic repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage.
Ornamental Decorations. Ornamental decorations such as emblems and graphics and other decorative elements, are excluded from coverage.
Abuse & Misuse. Defects or damage that result from the following are excluded from coverage:
1. Improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks, scratches, etc.) to the surface of the Product;
2. Contact with moisture, liquids, water, rain, extreme humidity, heavy perspiration or makeup, sand, dirt or the like, food, or proximity to or exposure to heat or cold, fire, flood, or lightning;
3. Other acts which are inconsistent with the instructions and documentation that accompany the Products; and
4. Use of the Products with any system other than the LifeShield Security System.
Why it’s important
Things that are not covered by normal the warranty are: 1) normal wear and tear, 2) stickers or decals, 3) if the damage is a result from improper use or contact, or 4) use of the products with any other non-LifeShield products.
The LifeShield home automation system is a completely digital wireless security system. Because the system is designed using flexible and scalable hardware and software, LifeShield has the ability to add integrated features. Instead of producing separate systems, one for home security and one for home automation, LifeShield is integrating the technology to create one fully connected home experience to allow users to be connected at all times no matter where they are.
Like several other home automation systems, LifeShield uses Z-Wave technology, WiFi, and other hardware/software to integrate your existing home security system and automation technology. Users will have the ability to monitor and control home automation features with LifeShield’s easy-to-use interface.
Features associated with the LifeShield home automation system include:
- Home intelligence – data is gathered through the sensors and other components surrounding usage and security habits of the home. This data is then used to create a “predictive home” which creates a more cost efficient home.
- Alerts and Notifications – use your cameras and sensors to set off various alerts and notifications.
- Home automation app – allows you to remotely control your home while you are away.
There are automation capabilities that are not found in LifeShield’s home automation system. In most home automation systems, users have the ability to turn lights on when a sensor is triggered. This feature is pretty important to some people, because these sensors that set off the lights make it appear as if someone is home. LifeShield is also missing light timing, which means a user cannot set their lights to turn on or turn off at a designated time. The LifeShield home automation system also does not allow for remote lighting, temperature, or appliance control.
The Bottom Line
LifeShield is not satisfied with their current home automation features/system. They are continuously making improvements as they work towards developing an all-inclusive app which will allow users to see live security footage, adjust the thermostat, and control the lights. LifeShield does have improvements they can make with their home automation system, but they are working on an integrated system that will include all of the basic home automation features and then some.
The LifeShield base acts as the main form of communication for the home security system. The base can be connected through an Internet WiFi connection or through a cellular connection. The base is not the only form of communication used by the home security system. In the event that the base is destroyed, other components like the console or grid extender will pick up and send signals to emergency responders.
The base is the center of communication, but the console works as the command center for the home security system. The console is directly connected to the monitoring center through a cellular network. If a sensor goes off, it is the console that picks up that alert. The console also serves as the main source of information where users can view daily security activities occurring around the home. The console acts as the back-up to the base, providing a second layer of protection inside your home.
The security touchpad is a mobile android device that allows user to control their home security system. The Security Touchpad comes programmed with the LifeShield application and it serves as the back-up to the console. You can perform the same functions on the Security Touchpad that you perform on the console, but you have the freedom to do it from anywhere.
LifeShield offers various sensors to protect your home and family. The LifeShield sensors are environmental and can be easily installed. You can add sensors at any time to increase levels of security. You will not be charged extra for monitoring fees when you add a sensor. The sensors offered by LifeShield include:
- Wireless Freeze Sensor: Anytime your home hits less than 45 degrees fahrenheit or rise above 95 degrees for a prolonged period of time, this sensor will be set off and alert appropriate responders.
- Wireless Flood Sensor: A flood sensor is used to protect against water damage. Anytime there are high water levels for a period of time in a targeted area, the alarm will be triggered.
- Motion Detection Sensor: The motion sensor detects any movement in your home. This sensor is most often installed in large, vulnerable areas like stairwells, hallways, or your basement.
- Glass Break Sensor: The glass break sensor is installed on large or vulnerable windows.
- Door and WIndow Sensors: The door and window sensors are placed on your doors and windows and are set off anytime they are opened or closed.
Increase wireless capabilities with the grid extender. You will be able to increase your coverage area and have a backup connection with the grid extender. This backup makes sure your home security connection remains strong if there are any problems with other wireless connections. If you have a larger home, or a home with large rooms, a grid extender would be a wise addition to your home security system.
The LifeShield fire detector can be added to your current fire protection system, or it can serve as your primary fire detection. The fire monitoring service from LifeShield is FREE, so you can take advantage of the additional fire safety provided. Make sure to have a fire sensor in each room of your home to ensure complete fire/smoke protection.
Wireless Security Cameras:
The wireless security cameras are easy to install (because there are no wires or other connections). All you have to do is place them in discrete areas of your home and connect them to your system wirelessly. These cameras will stream live video, record video, and take snapshots. You can view all of the video or screenshots from your mobile device from anywhere in the world with WiFi connection.
The portable control key fob is an additional way you can ensure complete security of your home. With the portable control key fob, you can arm and disarm your alarm system as you are leaving or entering your home by just a click of a button. It is another super easy feature that provides convenience and an additional layer of security.