June 17th, Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player for the Boston bandits, was found dead. Lloyd and Hernandez were said to be friends and bother were out during the night of the tragic event. Lloyd's relatives also indicated he was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee. Newsrooms across the country are anxiously essaying to unearth the truth: did Hernandez kill Lloyd?
Some of the facts
Police continue to investigate the tragic event, here's what we know so far:
- Lloyd's body was found at an industrial park one mile from Hernandez's home
- Hernandez's home security system -- which is said to include surveillance footage -- was destroyed
- Investigators receive Hernandez's cell phone in broken, non-functioning pieces from Hernandez's lawyer
- No arrest warrant has been issued
- Saturday, June 22nd, Police conducted a 4-hour probe of Hernandez's home
Monday, June 24th, Hernandez's lawyer released the following statement
Over the past week, our client, Aaron Hernandez, has been the subject of a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation, and false reports in the media. These include the repeated publication of a supposedly confirmed report that an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue. None of these false reports come from official sources and we appreciate the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney's Office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is underway.
Police remain focused on the case and continue to aggressively investigate the incident.
Guilty or not guilty?
Hernandez is innocent until proven guilty. While evidence, such as the destroyed home security system, seem to suggest an attempt to hide information we can't subjectively arrive at a conclusion. The Massachusetts State police will continue to investigate and do their jobs until the truth is uncovered.