At least one woman is happy that her driver drove like a drunk. That's because his erratic driving caught the attention of troopers who pulled him over. They then heard a woman calling for help-from the backseat. She was bound and gagged with a bag over her head.
The 41-year-old man had posted an ad on Craigslist; he wanted a submissive partner. His phony profile attracted the 22-year-old woman (who I must wonder, why would she be interested in a man who wants a submissive partner? Doesn't this sound mighty suspicious?).
The victim chatted online and agreed to meet him. She thought nothing of meeting him in a secluded, remote location near his home.
Then she got into his car. Once inside, she noticed that he didn't even look anything like the photo he had sent her.
Let's stop here a moment. Just how dark was their initial meeting spot that she didn't realize then that he looked nothing like the picture?
She told him to pull over. Instead he assaulted her and tied her up, tossing her in the backseat. She kicked at the man and backseat, causing him to swerve like a drunk.
None of this would have happened had she insisted on meeting in a public spot, and severing the connection with him if he kept insisting on the secluded, dark area.
How to Fight off an Attacker
- Hit the gym and strengthen your body. Not only will a strong-looking body make a man think twice about attacking, but if he does, a strong body has a much better chance of fighting back and/or escaping.
- We all know to go for the groin. Go after it like a savage. Hit, yank, pull.
- Jab stiff fingers into his eye. Why this is rarely done I'll never know, because it's extremely effective.
- Basic self-defense techniques, delivered to the neck, can stun a man and give you time to escape.
- Slam a palm into his nose. Keep going after it. The pain and gush of blood will disorient him. A self-defense course will teach you how to elbow his nose if he's behind you.
- Smash a foot into his knee. You have a better chance of bringing him down if you come in from the side-because your foot will be striking against ligaments, rather than bone.