A man was assaulted by three or four men when he arrived home, through his garage door at 5:40 a.m. It's very apparent that the attackers knew he'd be arriving home at around this time and decided to wait for him, says a report at ksla.com.
This recent home invasion occurred in the Dogwood South subdivision in Louisiana. Though video surveillance recorded the crime, it's not clear who the assailants are, as they were masked. Detectives are working hard at getting some leads.
The man, along with his wife, were bound with duct-tape. The man suffered minor injuries. The couple's two young children were not harmed. The assailants made off with money and jewelry.
Needless to say, neighbors are unraveled, and the victims do not want to appear on camera for a news interview. The presence of police that lingered around the victims' house went anything but unnoticed, so a post went up on the sheriff's department Facebook page.
Rumors had developed that there were more home invasions in Dogwood South, but the Facebook page straightened this out by reporting "This simply isn't true."In fact, it's been a very long time since the last home invasion in this area.
Residents should not equate the vehicle burglaries in the area with the crime of home invasion.
The Facebook post is asking that people call in tips to 318-965-2203.
I guess the good news is that, unlike some home invaders, these crumbs spared their victims' lives. But now the victims probably keep wondering if the assailants, who were armed, will return.
Could home invaders be waiting for you? You just never know. Certainly, the victim in this story never thought something like this could happen as he arrived home.
- Have pepper spray in your home and car, ready to pull out.
- Look carefully around before you exit your car in the dark.
- Have the pepper spray in your hand.
- Close the garage immediately; don't let it linger open.
- Make sure no obscuring shrubbery is growing near any entrances to your house or near any windows.
- Before entering your car, even if it's been in the garage, look in the back seat. You just never know if a dangerous person could have somehow gotten in and is waiting for you.