This company does offer some impressive services. It is top of the line when it comes to service calls and maintenance. If you have a problem with your alarm system, they do have “tech Tracker.” With this service, the customer can actually plan a day by tracking the technician’s arrival time. The company also prides itself on its A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. They have wireless equipment which is mostly desired, and even deductible protection. Additionally, their pricing is very affordable.
The company has a pretty aggressive sales force that continually calls to contract new customers. These calls are repeated sometimes twice a day, and few speak English. If a customer is not happy with the equipment or service, it is almost impossible to cancel. Also at the end of the contract, customers find it difficult to terminate. They are continually billed. Also, there are frequent billing increases.
Protection 1 is one of the most advanced home security monitoring services on the market. With 24/7 protection and well-trained operators, clients can rest assured that their home/office space will be monitored effectively.
Protection 1 offers some of the most advanced technology in the security monitoring space. The Protection 1 Monitoring center provides:
- Redundant Home Alarm Monitoring
- Fast Alarm Response Times
- Five State-of-the-Art Interconnected UL Listed FM Approved Centers
- Security Monitoring available 24/7
- 70+ offices
- 2,500 employees available for immediate assistance
- Disaster recovery center for weather and civil emergencies
Protection 1 offers various types of security monitoring. All three forms of monitoring allow for backup by combining two different layers of communication between the monitoring center and emergency outlets. The three forms of security monitoring are:
Protection 1 also provides redundant home alarm monitoring. Redundant home alarm monitoring allows for an additional layer of protection. The redundant home alarm monitoring consists of a primary server, an on-site backup system, and the disaster recovery center. The first step occurs when the alarm is set off. It goes through the primary server which has its own backup generators. Next, the signals go through the secondary backup equipment. Then, all alarms are sent to the off-site recovery center where the event is addressed.
- PROTECTION ONE IS COMMITTED TO YOUR PRIVACY. As a respected provider of security products and services, Protection One and its affiliated companies (“Protection 1”) especially recognize that the trust of our customers and Web visitors depends, in part, on our sensitivity to and protection of your privacy
- SCOPE OF THIS POLICY. This policy identifies the types of information about you we may collect, how we use it and the steps we take to protect it. The primary focus of this policy is the protection of non-public information that identifies or is associated with the identities of our customers or Web visitors. Such information is referred to as “personal identifying information” or PII.Protection 1 affiliated companies means Protection 1, Inc. and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, including Protection 1 Alarm Monitoring, Inc., Network Multifamily Security Corporation and Security Monitoring Services, Inc.This policy does not apply to companies other than Protection 1 or its affiliated companies (“third parties”), including third parties that have licensed the Protection 1 brand for use with their own products or services. In these situations, you will be subject to third-party privacy policies.Also, when you sign up for certain Protection 1-offered services, you may be asked to agree to additional privacy policies that address privacy practices specific to those services. For example, should you subscribe to Protection 1’s e-Secure™ services, you may become subject to different or additional privacy policies.
This policy addresses the privacy of Protection 1 residential customers and visitors to our Web site from within the United States.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT. We may collect PII regarding our customers, including information you provide us, information we collect during and in connection with our relationship with you, and information we obtain from other sources. Examples include:Occasionally, Protection 1 may enter into affinity relationships with third parties to jointly market products and services to our respective customers and customer prospects. In such circumstances, we may obtain the foregoing information and other PII from our affinity partners.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Your billing, payment, usage, credit and transaction information (including credit card numbers, account numbers and/or social security number)
- Information regarding the use of your alarm system products and services
- Various demographic information about you
- In addition, we may also collect personal identifying information that visitors to our Web site provide to us (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) when visiting our Web sites.We use the PII of our customers to provide our products and services, determine the credit standing of our customers at the time of sale, submit invoices, obtain payment and resolve customer issues, and, generally, to enhance our customers’ experience with us. We also use customer and Web visitor PII to develop, market and sell new or additional products and services.We may aggregate the PII of customers and/or Web visitors to produce data about a group or category of services, customers or Web visitors, for the purpose of analyzing and enhancing our products, services and customer service. Such aggregated data, however, will not contain any PII regarding any customer or Web visitor.
- DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES. Except as set forth in this section, we do not provide your PII to third parties without your consent.We may disclose your PII to third parties without your consent to enable us to provide you our products and services. For example, we may disclose certain PII without your consent to third parties who perform functions or services on our behalf, such as our authorized subcontractors and others who we have engaged to market and sell our products and services, and third parties who provide consulting, data processing, analysis and advertising services.In addition, we may provide PII to third parties (including credit bureaus or collection agencies) without your consent:In addition, we may provide certain PII, and information regarding the products and services you purchase from Protection 1, to our affinity partners and other third parties with whom we have established relationships, to market and sell products and services offered by Protection 1 and/or such affinity partners, or to enhance such offerings.
- To obtain payment for our products and services or to enforce our customer agreements, or otherwise to protect or enforce our rights.
- To comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requirements.
- To notify a responsible governmental entity or other emergency responder in the event of an activation of your alarm system, or otherwise in accordance with our customer agreements.
- Whenever we provide your PII to third parties, we require that they protect it consistent with the types of protections outlined in this policy and do not allow them to use such information for any purposes inconsistent with this policy. In the ordinary course of our business, we may sell (or buy) businesses or assets, including alarm accounts. In transactions such as these, your PII may be one of the transferred business assets. After any sale or assignment of your account, your PII will become subject to any privacy policies maintained by the buyer of your account.
In some cases we may combine Web usage information related to your access to our Web sites with your PII. We use the combined data to provide a better online experience for our customers and Web visitors, and to market and provide advertising about goods and services that may be of particular interest. Once combined, the resulting data is protected as PII as described in this policy.
Cookies are digital identifiers that a Web site sends to your computer when you visit the Web site. Cookies can contain a variety of information, such as a simple count of how often you visit a Web site and information that allows the Web site to customize your visit.
Our cookies do not: allow the transmission of a virus to your computer, make it possible to track your browsing habits on the Internet or give anyone access to information stored on your computer. You can configure your Web browser to alert you when a Web site is attempting to send a cookie to your computer and allow you to accept or refuse the cookie. You can also set your browser to disable the capacity to receive cookies or you can delete cookies previously accepted. Please note that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use or navigate our Web sites.
We may use advertising companies to deliver ads for Protection 1 services and products on our Web sites or on third-party Web sites. These Internet ads may contain third-party cookies that allow tracking of your responses to the advertisements. Although these third parties may receive anonymous Web usage information about ad viewing on such Web sites, we prohibit them from using this information for any purpose other than to assist us in measuring the effectiveness of our ads.
Our E-mail Marketing Practices
We may periodically send customers news and updates via e-mail regarding Protection 1 products and services. Every marketing e-mail we send contains instructions and an opt-out link that will allow you to stop additional marketing e-mails from us.
Without your consent, we do not provide your e-mail address to third parties for the marketing of third-party products.
Our Telemarketing Practices
We comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding “Do Not Call” lists. These laws generally permit companies to contact their own customers even though such customers are listed on “Do Not Call” lists.
Residential customers may request that they be removed from Protection One’s telemarketing lists at any time by contacting a Protection 1 customer service representative. However, the nature of the services we provide require that we be able to contact you regarding your alarm system and related issues.
Online Access by Children
Protection 1’s Web sites are not designed to attract children. We do not target children for the collection of information online and do not knowingly collect personal identifying information from anyone who we have reason to believe is under the age of 18.
We do not sell our products and services to, or schedule service calls or other appointments with, anyone who we have reason to believe is under the age of 18.
Linking to Other Sites
Our Web sites may provide links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy, security or content of third-party sites. If you are asked to provide information on one of these Web sites, you should carefully review their privacy policies before providing your information.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. All employees of Protection 1 and its affiliated companies are subject to the company’s policies and procedures regarding handling of our customers’ and Web visitors’ PII. These documents require all employees to follow applicable laws and regulations governing our business at all times. In addition, our code of ethics specifically requires compliance with legal requirements and company policies related to the privacy and security of customer information. Employees who fail to meet these standards may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.We employ technology and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to or improper alteration, misuse, disclosure or destruction of data, including PII. In addition, we have implemented strict policy guidelines designed to safeguard the privacy of your personal identifying information. For example:We will continue to look for new ways to enhance our security capabilities as new technology becomes available.
- We maintain and protect the security of our computer systems containing PII, and we typically require user names and passwords to access such data.
- We use encryption solutions to protect transmission of your data.
- We limit access to PII to those employees, contractors and agents who need access to such information to provide our products and services.
- We require all third parties we provide PII to maintain its confidentiality and to use it only for purposes consistent with this policy.
What to know:
Protection 1 keeps all of your personal and financial information safe and secure. It is not sold to a third party, and you can trust that your financial information is transferred through a secure SSL. This contract is binding between both Protection 1 and their clients.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.