Bulwark Alarm is a family owned and operated business that has been servicing residents of the greater Phoenix area for 15 years.
Security System Overview
Bulwark Security has broken down their security system options into three basic packages: 1) Essentials Package, 2) Cellular Package, and 3) Interactive Package. The main differences between the options are the costs, phone-line requirements, and the ability to monitor the system from your phone. All options utilize Honeywell technology, require a minimum two year contract, and include the following equipment:
- 1 LCD keypad
- 3 door contacts
- 1 motion detector
- 1 interior siren
- 1 backup power supply
- 1 panic button
- Bulwark yard sign & stickers
- Lifetime warranty
The differences between the options are listed below:
- Essentials Package: $99 installation, $24.99/month, landline required
- Cellular Package: $199 installation, $34.99/month, no phone-line required, includes a cellular communicator
- Interactive Package: $199 installation, $37.99/month, no phone-line required, includes a cellular communicator and an interactive module (which allows you to monitor the system remotely from your smart phone)
Bulwark Security has received many awards, such as the Super Service Award from Angie’s List, and currently have an A rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Some of the noteworthy aspects of the company in relation to their competitors are:
- Bulwark offers a money back guarantee. If after six months you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you can send it back for a full refund.
- Each package comes with a lifetime warranty, which covers both the equipment and labor costs. Most security companies only cover the equipment costs for one year of the contract and charge a service fee for the labor to fix/replace malfunctioning equipment.
- If your home is burglarized Bulwark offers a Theft Protection Guarantee, which is a reimbursement of up to $500 of the home insurance deductible. Of the thousands of home security companies in the industry only a handful provide this for their customers.
- Even the most expensive package is cheaper than the cheapest package that most security companies offer. Typically, monthly rates start around $40-$50, which makes Bulwarks pricing some of the most competitive in the industry.
There is little negative to report about Bulwark security. They have zero unresolved complaints on the BBB and other review sites. One possible downside for some new customers is that Bulwark, like most security dealers, requires a multi-year contract. Many home owners in the market for a security system do not want or cannot afford to sign a contract for several years and therefore look to sign a month-to-month agreement. However, Bulwark does not provide this option.
Bulwark Security out of Mesa, AZ provides customers the option to add on a home automation package to their home security system through a la carte purchases of individual equipment pieces. For example, customers can buy smart phone apps, thermostats, smart locks, keypads, remote lighting controls and much more. All of the equipment is laid out on their website so customers can pick and choose exactly what they want for their home automation. For example, wireless smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are about $90, color touch-screen keypads are $250, cellular communicators that connect all your devices are $145, and Z-Wave thermostats are $235.
Allowing customers to purchase equipment on an individual basis is a unique approach towards home automation and provides customers with the option to own the equipment rather than leasing it. Also, when you install home automation equipment Bulwark only requires a two-year security contract to maintain full monitoring of all services. If you are already a Bulwark customer it is a simple transition to move towards a “Smart Security” package that provides a wider range of control and simplicity.
Bulwark’s home automation equipment offers are extremely limited and cost more than the average home automation package. For example, most companies provide a full array of equipment in an all-inclusive package that costs only a couple hundred dollars to install and activate. These systems typically include things like weather monitoring, pipe and flood sensors, appliance controls, video surveillance and much more. However, Bulwark only provides some of these features and each of them have to be bought individually, meaning you get less for what you pay.
Bulwark is family owned and local! We pride ourselves in offering the best customer service in the greater Phoenix area. We have earned an A rating with the Better Business Bureau, a Super Service Award with Angie’s List, and 5-star ratings with all major review sites. If you are looking for a company that truly cares about their customers and offers honest competitive pricing – we would love the opportunity to earn your business. Feel free to contact me personally with any questions … or call if you would like to schedule a free security evaluation for your home or business.
Owner of Bulwark Security
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.