Bulwark Alarm is a family owned and operated business that has been servicing residents of the greater Phoenix area for 15 years.
Security System Overview
Bulwark Security has broken down their security system options into three basic packages: 1) Essentials Package, 2) Cellular Package, and 3) Interactive Package. The main differences between the options are the costs, phone-line requirements, and the ability to monitor the system from your phone. All options utilize Honeywell technology, require a minimum two year contract, and include the following equipment:
- 1 LCD keypad
- 3 door contacts
- 1 motion detector
- 1 interior siren
- 1 backup power supply
- 1 panic button
- Bulwark yard sign & stickers
- Lifetime warranty
The differences between the options are listed below:
- Essentials Package: $99 installation, $24.99/month, landline required
- Cellular Package: $199 installation, $34.99/month, no phone-line required, includes a cellular communicator
- Interactive Package: $199 installation, $37.99/month, no phone-line required, includes a cellular communicator and an interactive module (which allows you to monitor the system remotely from your smart phone)
Some of the noteworthy aspects of the company in relation to their competitors are:
- Bulwark offers a money back guarantee. If after six months you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you can send it back for a full refund.
- Each package comes with a lifetime warranty, which covers both the equipment and labor costs. Most security companies only cover the equipment costs for one year of the contract and charge a service fee for the labor to fix/replace malfunctioning equipment.
- If your home is burglarized Bulwark offers a Theft Protection Guarantee, which is a reimbursement of up to $500 of the home insurance deductible. Of the thousands of home security companies in the industry only a handful provide this for their customers.
- Even the most expensive package is cheaper than the cheapest package that most security companies offer. Typically, monthly rates start around $40-$50, which makes Bulwarks pricing some of the most competitive in the industry.
There is little negative to report about Bulwark security. One possible downside for some new customers is that Bulwark, like most security dealers, requires a multi-year contract. Many home owners in the market for a security system do not want or cannot afford to sign a contract for several years and therefore look to sign a month-to-month agreement. However, Bulwark does not provide this option.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.