Hoffman Electronics is a home and business security company that provides security-monitoring solutions for California. They provide some of the best and most affordable systems in the state of California. Hoffman Electronics has provided security and wiring solutions for Central Cali for over 35 years. They were started in 1979 and have moved into the computerized aspect of home and business security in recent years.
They have the experience to handle consultation, installation, system design, and 24-hour monitoring. Hoffman Electronics is a family-owned business. They have round the clock monitoring for homes and businesses to meet their home security system needs.
Hoffman Electronics has an outstanding reputation with the BBB. Even though they don’t have an accreditation from the BBB, they do have an A+, with minimal complaints filed by businesses. They have had one complaint on their BBB contact page.
Security System Overview
• Family owned and operated
• 24-hr./365 day-a-year staffing
• Efficient, experienced, well-trained security specialists
• State-of-the-art power and back-up systems
• Rapid response rates
• Track record of growth and stability
• Employee background checks.
Hoffmann offers the following DMP technology in its home security systems:
• Graphic Touchscreen.
• Wireless control for lighting, appliances, thermostats and more.
• Specialized keypad locks.
• 3 Door and window sensors.
• Home security decals and yard signs.
• Cameras with desktop and smartphone viewing capability.
Hoffman Electronics prides itself on its custom designed security systems for homes. They have a threefold process when getting your home set up with a security system:
• They determine your protection goals, such as whether the home security system is for personal protection, property protection, and whether or not you’ll use the home security system when you’re away.
• Hoffman will do an external review of exit and entry points.
• An interior walkthrough of the home will determine how to make areas with valuables be easily monitored.
Hoffman has been in business for over 35 years and are one of the best providers of security in the Central California area. We found that they were ranked #85 out of 100 by SDM magazine in its review of the top 100 home security companies.
We liked that Hoffman Electronics uses DMP technologies for its home security system. We found that some of the intrusion detection includes the following:
• Wiring Accessories
• Audible Units
• Bank and Vault Detectors
• Contact Points for Doors and Windows
• Glassbreak detectors
• Pet Infrared Detectors.
There are cellular products that also allow DMPs products to communicate with Hoffman’s central station. We like the fact that users can have a wired system or a cellular system set up in their home.
We also like the fact that Hoffman Electronics does an employee background check on their hires. This means that if a technician is coming to your home to do service, it is safe to let them into your home.
One of the things that we didn’t like about Hoffman Electronics was the lack of contract information and pricing on their website. We felt like a customer should be able to read information on the website about products and services before setting up an appointment with a Hoffman dealer.
We also were concerned about the one complaint on the BBB website for Hoffman Electronics. One client had an issue with a battery because of a false alarm. We found that the client was told to commit to a new contract, rather than have their battery replaced for free. Eventually, however, Hoffman did offer the client a half-priced replacement battery.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.