Visitors to this review are strongly encouraged to investigate our top home security companies for available services.
Security System Overview
LifeShield brings you protection for the 21st Century. The LifeShield home security system actually has four layers of back-up and is almost impossible for any burglar to defeat.
LifeShield Security is really making a push to provide high-quality technology to its customers. The new Homescreen Touchpad is now available in Beta!
LifeShield was recently purchased by DirecTV. Only current DirecTV customers can use LifeShield as their home security system. LifeShield products can no longer be purchased separate of DirecTV products and will be bundled as part of a package.
The Homescreen Touchpad is an 8-inch Android tablet pre-loaded with the LifeView application to make it easier than ever to sync to your home security. You will be able to do everything you normally do on your LifeShield keypad console, and you will also have access additional safety features from anywhere within your home.
When you enter LifeShield’s Beta program, here’s what you should expect:
- The LifeView application will be the only app on the Touchpad. This only benefits your security, and allows LifeShield to assist you remotely with any troubleshooting – remember, this is a Beta product!
- You will receive the traditional keypad console in addition to the Homescreen Touchpad. Eventually, the touchpad will replace the keypad console, so please use the touchpad as much as possible so that you can give LifeShield honest feedback on how they can improve the user experience.
- LifeShield needs your feedback! Your participation in the Beta program is essential to the future of LifeShield’s products. Please provide us with your honest feedback and opinions on surveys and via email anytime.
LifeShield uniquely offers DIY kits and professional installation. For individuals who feel comfortable installing the system themselves, we highly recommend the Home Essential Kit – Gold Package.
LifeShield Security offers not only the most innovative wireless equipment on the market, but also allows you to use an iPad or smart phone to monitor the activities at your home with their LifeView product. The equipment includes glass break sensors and wireless cameras, among other security features. The remote control for arming or disarming your home while safely away from the house is also worth mentioning. They offer a lot of free products and services including: equipment, LifeView and remote monitoring, and fire monitoring. As a matter of fact, LifeShield sometimes offers free iPads for LifeView monitoring. LifeShield also claims to respond the fastest to emergencies, so you can always trust them to handle such situations in a timely manner and appropriately. Some other benefits include:
- FREE Equipment
- Remote Access via Computer or Smartphone
- DIY and Professional Installation
- No landline required
- 24/7 Professional Home Security Monitoring
No company is perfect, but it looks like LifeShield is working on improving their services. Here is why BHSC experts recommend their services:
- Installation options – Customers have the ability to decide whether to enlist the help of a professional or save on costs and install the system on their own. The more options the better.
- Inexpensive Set-up – Unlike other home security options, LifeShield customers do not have to pay for all of the equipment and can even install the system on their own. This will save the customer tremendously as it pertains to setting up the system.
- Low monitoring fees – The LifeShield home security model not only saves the customer initially in the set-up process, but they also save with low monthly monitoring costs of $39.99.
Bad reviews about LifeShield are hard to come by; however, there are still a few issues that should be dealt with. One of them is the fact that some consumers have reported that equipment is faulty at times, but as an incentive, LifeShield offers their customers extra equipment if customers report it to them. Customers can also buy lifetime warranties for a mere $2.95. Another problem is they do not offer refunds to customers whenever the need arises. Most companies operating in the home security industry do not offer refunds, but it is still frustrating regardless.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.