Point Security is a Texas based security company that was founded in 2007. Their goal is to provide affordable, state-of-the-art security equipment to meet their customers individual needs and give them peace of mind. Point Security is a dealer for Honeywell, 2Gig Technologies and Interlogix, which gives their customers a wide array of equipment to choose from with no money down. The company also has their monitoring services contracted through Monitronics International, who has spent over $10 Million on their central monitoring system to ensure uninterrupted monitoring, 24/7 – 365. The bandwidth that Monitronics can handle is much greater than a lot of the smaller, mom-and-pop companies out there, without sacrificing the customer service like some of the industry giants.
Point Security has grown quickly since its creation, and now offers services to the greater Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio areas. Their installation technicians are all ESA (Electronic Security Association) trained, meaning that the installations are done to the highest possible standards. Point Security also uses Alarm.com to give their customers web-based control of their home security system. This allows customers to track and use their system both online and through a mobile App. By partnering with these companies, Point Security can provide customers with the most advanced, current security technology possible.
Point Security is an official dealer of Honeywell, 2Gig Technologies and Interlogix. These 3 are some of the leaders in the security industry because of their revolutionary tech hardware that they have developed.
No Money Down
Customers will get a brand new security system with no money down. This is fairly uncommon in the industry, so it makes a great feature for someone who doesn’t have a lot of money upfront but needs the system as soon as possible.
No Installation Fee
Regardless of the equipment that chosen, customers will get their system professionally installed at no charge to them.
Unlike many other companies out there who nickel and dime their customers to death, after customers select the equipment that meets their needs, Point Security’s technicians will activate the equipment at no charge.
Move Warranty Certificate
If customers move during their service contract, the equipment and service moves with them for a small fee of $50.
Point Security offers a bonus if customers refer someone to their services. However, they fail to mention what that bonus actually includes.
The equipment that Point Security provides their customers with utilizes wireless cellular technology which means they don’t have to run cables upon installation.
Throughout their website, multiple links to request a free quote can be found but the information itself isn’t readily available. For years this was the industry standard, but as more and more companies are developing unique business models, many competitors offer their flat rate price upfront.
Information of Payment Plans
Along with the lack of cost information given, customers will be hard pressed to find any information regarding service plans; whether they charge on a month-to-month basis or a require a multi-year contract, without actually making contact with a Point Security representative you will not find this information. Again, the industry standards are changing. Long contracts used to be the norm, but many new companies are rocking the boat and don’t require a contract at all.
No Equipment Warranty
We were unable to find information about equipment warranties.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Point Security Cost?
Contact the Company Directly to inquire about cost.
What is Point Security’s Contract Length?
Contact Point Security with inquiries about contract length.
Who Makes the Equipment for Point Security?
Point Security is an Authorized dealer of 3 premier security equipment manufacturers: Honeywell, 2Gig Technologies and Interlogix. This gives customers many options when choosing equipment for their tailored security system.
Is Point Security’s Equipment Wireless?
Yes, the equipment that Point Security offers to their customers uses cellular technology. This makes for non-intrusive installation and wireless cellular communication to the monitoring center. This is added security if you consider power outages or your phone line getting clipped.
Does Point Security Have Security Cameras?
Yes, Point Security gives you the option of selecting a security camera if you want one. They even have multiple to choose from.
Can I Access My System Remotely?
Yes, there is an app available to allow homeowners access to their system when the aren’t at home.
If I Move, Can I Bring My System With Me To My New Residence?
Absolutely. Point Security offers a “Move Warranty Certificate”, which states that if you have to move, they extend the service to your new home for you. There is a small fee associate with the move, however.
Alarm Equipment Review
The equipment that you select will be professionally installed by a trained ESA Technician. Depending on the equipment that you choose, installation can be non-intrusive, meaning that they will not be punching holes all over your house to run cables. Instead, the equipment utilizes wireless cellular technology.
- The Control panel
- designed to be extremely intuitive and user-friendly. The interface is also universal, so it will look and function the same on your panels, your computer or in the app.Door And Window Contacts
- Door/window contacts
- designed to protect anything that opens and closes. Though the exact format will be decided by your installer, all entry doors and ground level windows are usually protected with this sensor.
- Wireless Glassbreak Detector
- Glassbreak detectors do just that: detect the sound frequency created when glass breaks. This is called Pattern recognition technology. These detectors have up to a 40 ft. range and can work to protect against all windows in that radius.
- Super Switch
- This switch is used to converted hardwired zones (up to 8) into wireless zones. It can be used with existing 12-volt panels.
- Infrared Motion Sensors
- Motion sensors are the 2nd most popular sensor. These sensors, Passive Infrared detectors (PIR), sense a heat signatures movement in a room when the system is activated. They typically have a range of 25 to 45 feet and typically are set at a 90 degree angle.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- The Carbon Monoxide detectors that Point Security offers are designed to detect carbon monoxide gas early before it poses a threat to the health and safety of your family.
- Wireless Smoke/Heat Detector
- Unlike a traditional smoke detector that only makes noise, these smoke detectors are linked to your system, which will dispatch the fire department.
- Wireless Keypad
- A wireless keypad is offered for those who select the 2 gig Alarm system.
- Keyfob Remote
- The keyfob allows for wireless arming and disarming of the system, just like a keyless entry on most cars. It includes a panic button, a police dispatch button, panic alarms and the ability to turn on and off lights. The range on the keyfob is 500 feet.
- Panic Button Remote
- A small, lightweight panic button that transmits an emergency signal when within the range of the alarm system. Can be used when the alarm is armed or disarmed.
- 2Gig Zstat
- The Zstat is a touch screen thermostat that communicates with your alarm system. It runs on 3 triple A batteries.
- Cellular Radio Module
- The Radio module is used to control all system events, whether it be an emergency or a simple event like the front door opening. It sends the reports that you desire to you via email or text based on the settings that you select. All information is transmitted wirelessly and can be used as a backup transmitter if your hardwires get severed.
- Dome Camera
- Day and Night Infrared LED Camera
- Indoor and Outdoor use
- Rotational dome style camera
- Bullet Camera
- Day and Night Infrared LED Camera
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Weather Proof
- Digital Video Recorder
- 500GB Hard drive
- Multiple recording options
- Motion recording
- Continuous recording
- Internet Accessible
- VGA Port
677 W. Front St.
Hutto, TX 78634
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.