Security System Overview
1st Security is no longer a Guardian Protection dealer and is now an independent security provider. 1st Security utilizes the Qolsys home security system. With over 20 years of experience, 1st Security enables their customers to customize their home and business to fit their security needs.
All technology is securely monitored with packages starting around $1/day. Here’s what you’ll get with 1st Security:
- 7″ Easy-to-Read Color LCD Keypad
- Smart monitoring – all wireless operated
- Smart Cam – a built-in security camera
- Smart Disarm – stores photos to verify who disarmed the system
- Smart Control – control your security system, lights, locks, and thermostat remotely
- Smart Notifications – notifications let you know what’s happening at home in real time
- Mobile App – monitor and adjust controls/system
- Home automation option
- 10 wireless protection devices included
- Provider of GE, Qolsys, and Honeywell security products
1st Security is a family owned and operated business that utilizes the most advanced security technology including GE, Qolsys, and Honeywell security systems. Other benefits of 1st Security’s service include:
- Trained technicians – professionally-installed by those who know what they are doing
- DIY Option – there is a DIY installation option as well
- Satisfaction guarantee – customers have 30 days to decide whether or not the system is a right fit
- Monitored by real people – computers are not the first ones to contact you in the event of an emergency, real people do
- 24-hour service fleet – includes a force of emergency dispatch specialists
- Award winning service – Angie’s List Super Service Award 2011-2014
- Home automation – 1st Security also has a home automation solution available for customers
The 1st Security systems are custom built to protect the most vulnerable areas of your home and prevent break-ins before they ever occur. Instead of depending solely on sensors to alarm monitoring stations when there is a home invasion, 1st security provider additional securing devices to your doors and windows to keep unwanted visitors out.
At this point, 1st Security does not service all 50 states. Aside from not being able to conduct business all over the country, there are aspects of 1st Security’s service that could be improved upon, such as:
- A detailed cancellation policy
- Contract lengths and terms disclosed
Up-front fees range from $99-199. There is also a credit approval required for the standard monitoring agreement. For those who don’t qualify, 1st Security offers an alternate program which does not require a credit check.
1st Security offers a home automation package that allows customers the ability to remotely unlock doors, change thermostat, save on energy costs, and much more. Using Alarm.com remote control software customers can automatically turn lights on, unlock the front door, and charge the thermostat while sitting on the couch. Plus, their software will text alerts to the home owners when equipment is malfunctioning or the security system is going off. Coupled with the professional security system, the home automation package comes with the following:
- Remote control lights, thermostats
- Securely control your system from anywhere using a PC, Mac, smart phone, or tablet
- Optimization on energy usage and save you money using micro security sensors
- Smart lights and thermostats that adjust to your routine
- Easy to use mobile and tablet apps
- Automate your lights to turn on when the security system is armed, or the doors are opened
The downside to a 1st Security home automation system is that it costs extra upfront and it doesn’t include many of the features that other home automation systems provide. For example, a majority of packages include video surveillance and monitoring with the basic package, but 1st Security does not.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.