A-Com Protection Services primarily installs 100% wireless-based systems using 2GIG cellular technology. With their system comes 24/hr monitoring for the life of the contract plus remote control access to all devices via your smartphone with the home automation capabilities.
While customers get to customize their system for their home's particular needs, basic equipment includes:
- Wireless control panel - 2Gig main control panel that is wirelessly connected to monitoring station
- 24/hr monitoring - central monitoring station keeps your home and loved ones protected at all times
- Motion detection - pictures or 30-second clips can be viewed straight from your home every time a motion is detected with image sensors
- Fire, CO, and Flood sensors - automatic and immediate signals will be sent to local monitoring station to trigger emergency responders
- Window/Door sensors - protect the most vulnerable access points to your home
Once the life of the contract has been completed, the customer then is provided with the option of signing a new contract or paying month-to-month to continue using A-Com services.
- Benefits and Service Features
- 24/7 Monitoring
- Certified Employees
- Cheaper Cancellation Process
- Lifetime Warranty
A-Com Protection Services Inc. (A-com) was established in 1973 and has grown to become one of the nation's largest privately owned security companies.
Benefits and Service Features
A-Com is headquartered in Columbus, GA, and services the whole state. Benefits for those residing in Georgia include:
- 24-hour backup battery power - the system will never shut off ensuring full-time protection
- Private security messages - if there is a notification that the homeowner needs to see, they will get it immediately
- Tamper resistant technology - equipment will not malfunction due to tampering
- Instant alerts - the monitoring system will send you text/email alerts when an alarm goes off while simultaneously notifying emergency responders
A-Com has a 24/7 Central Station that meets the requirements set by Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.), an independent agency that rates businesses for public safety and product compliance. Less than 25% of all monitoring facilities have been granted U.L approval.
Also, their monitoring station has earned the "5 Diamond Award" by the Central Station Alarm Association (C.S.A.A).
All of A-Com's operators are required to pass the 5 Diamond rating course at a higher percentage than the CSAA requires. Less than 5% of all Central Stations in the United States have the distinction of being 5 Diamond Certified. This means that their 20,000+ customers receive timely, reliable monitoring that is among the best in the Georgia regions.
Cheaper Cancellation Process
The cancellation process after the initial 3-day test trial period is a little more complicated. They ask that canceling customers pay $18.75 (to cover the equipment costs) for each of the remaining months of the contract.
For example, if after two years you decide to cancel the services you would pay $18.75 x 24/month = $450. That is less than 50% of the remaining balance, which is one of the best cancelation policies in the nation.
Another excellent service that A-Com provides is a warranty for the full lifetime of your contract.
- Long Contracts
- Small Service Area
While A-Com provides a quality regional service, there are some areas of their business model they may deter customers from using their products. The disadvantages of signing up with A-Com include:
- Lengthy contracts - customers are locked into a 4-year deal upon signing up
- Test trial - there is only a 3-day test trial period to decide whether or not the system is a right fit
- Cancellation fees - while the cancellation fees are minimal in comparison to the industry, the length of the contract means customers will likely have to pay for several months/years without service
Small Service Area
Another downside for someone moving out of the area that already has A-Com services could be the small size of the company.
If you were to move far away there is a chance that A-Com might not have partnerships in your new destination and therefore would not be able to move your system.
A-Com is a locally-based home security provider that allows for customization and upgraded technology to fully protect the homes of their customers.
Those who decide to use A-Com Protection Services to protect their home can expect the following:
- Customized home security/automation - allows customers to make sure they protect the most vulnerable areas of their home
- Lengthy contract with cancellation penalties - 48-month contract with relatively inexpensive cancellation fees
- Month-to-month option after contract - customers can cancel or pay a reduced monthly rate after initial 48-month contract
- 2GIG Technology - utilizes the most advanced 2GIG technology to protect their customers
- 24-hour monitoring/battery - your system will never be down
|Monthly Monitoring Fee||Undisclosed|
|Install & Equipment Fee||$0|
|System Relocation Fee||Undisclosed|
|Review Last Updated: June 22, 2020|
Many companies on this site provide compensation to us through commissions, allowing us to provide more accurate data to customers for free. Expert analysis, company research, and an aggregate review score determine the ranking of the companies listed on this site. Find out more.