Security System Overview
When purchasing a home security system from Acadiana Security Plus, customers have the option to install a hardwire or wireless system; however, a hardwire system is the main system the use.
The type of equipment they provide is First Alert. Each home security package comes with the following:
- Alarm panels
- Control keypads
- Back up alarm batteries
- Door/window sensors
- Pet-friendly interior motion sensors
- Audible alarm sirens
- Yard sign
- Window decal
The traditional hardwire system costs $199 upfront and $29.95/month for 48 months. Although they do not install as many cellular systems, they do provide this system at the customer’s request. The initial cost for a wireless, cellular system is $400 and costs $39.95/month for 40 months.
Acadiana offers their customers a full warranty for the lifetime of their contract, and for an extra $7/mo they will even make system technicians available through the night. As a locally owned, operated and monitored company, Acadiana has found avenues to provide their customers specialized services. Other benefits of Acadiana’s system include:
- Fire, carbon monoxide, and water leaks sensors – these are upgrades to the basic package
- Remote access with smartphone control – an app that will let customers see what is going on at all times
- Existing system service – contact Acadiana for more information
- 24-hour monitoring facility – your system will never go down
- Cellular communication for downed or cut phone lines
- Redundant monitoring capability
The monitoring center Acadiana uses is locally owned and operated with direct connection to the closest responders. There are also some systems, if pre-installed by other home security providers, that Acadiana can essentially take over and run the monitoring for. Potential customers will have to contact Acadiana prior to converting the system to see if it will work.
Acadiana also offers a home automation upgrade that will control thermostats, lighting, locks, cameras, shades, ceiling fans, and some home entertainment options.
Since Acadiana specializes in hardwire systems and leaves their cellular options as a backup choice, it puts many potential customers that don’t have a home telephone line in a bind. Other companies offer cellular plans for free or around $100 and only require a three year contract. Acadiana, on the other hand, charges over twice as much and has a longer contract period.
- Long term agreements – 40-48 month long contract
- Limited service areas – only services Acadiana and Lafeyette regions in Louisiana
- Professional install only – they do not offer a DIY option for those who want to save on up-front costs
Acadiana does not provide as high of quality of equipment as some of the larger companies do and customers are limited in their equipment brand options.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.