ASG has been offering both residential and commercial security solutions since 2002. The company services 14 states in the southern and eastern regions of the United States, and provides both competitive rates and a variety of home automation features. However, ASG ranks poorly for its lack of online transparency. Customers will have difficulty finding important pricing and policy information through a simple online search alone. Customers looking for accessible pricing and product information are encouraged to investigate industry-leading companies with greater transparency.
- Reasonable Monthly Rate
- Home Automation Options
- $1,000 Service Guarantee
ASG offers a relatively low monthly monitoring rate of $29.95. This price is close to the industry average, and makes ASG a much less expensive option when comparing it to other home security companies. And in addition to a traditional hardwired system that monitors via your phone line, ASG also provides a wireless broadband option. Through ASG customers can monitor fire alarms and smoke detectors, security cameras, motion detectors, and door sensors. ASG also provides numerous home automation features to help you monitor and control your home remotely. Customers can control door locks, thermostats, lighting, and even small appliances all through the ASG Evolve mobile app.
ASG also offers a $1,000 service guarantee. In the event that your system malfunctions, or an undetected theft takes place in one of your home’s monitored areas, ASG will not only pay up to $1,000 towards your home insurance deductible, but will also credit your account for any charges incurred as a result of the alarm or service visit. Few home security companies offer this feature.
- Poor Online Transparency
- High Upfront Costs
- Missing Online Product Manuals
- Customer Billing Issues
ASG Security’s website does not provide information such as pricing and equipment specs/details. We called the company’s headquarters and were directed to call a local branch. The local branch then prompted us to give our telephone number to be contacted by a sales rep. In all, it took us four calls to discover information about pricing, installation fees, and equipment details. When we finally found this information, not all of it was positive. ASG charges high upfront costs before monitoring services are rendered. Top-rated home security companies strive to limit or eliminate these costs.
While ASG does provide some helpful troubleshooting tips on its website, it’s lacking in terms of the number of online product manuals found on its site. Though the company lists several of the products it offers, it can only provide operating manuals on a portion of them. Customers have also cited several issues regarding ASG’s billing practices (e.g., charging for services not rendered, changing the monthly monitoring fees in-term, and billing after cancellation).
The ASG home automation system allows you to walk into your home and instantly feel comfortable by giving you the ability to remotely control light switches, doors, and the temperature. It provides an easier way to manage the technologies you depend on for a secure, comfortable home. The following are the main features that come with an ASG home automation system:
- Touch Screen Panel – When you integrate the automation system with the alarm system, everything you need to manage the home can be done from the wall-mounted digital LCD panel. No push buttons. No codes. Just simple, easy-to-read text on a touch screen display.
- Temperature Control – This is another convenient feature offered by the ASG system. Control the climate of your home every day from wherever you happen to be. For example, on a cold day you can heat up your house on your way home from work so it’s comfortable when you get home.
- Lighting and Small Appliance Control – From your touch screen panel you can control anything from lamps to curling irons to coffee pots. Any lights or appliances that often are forgotten can be turned off on a schedule so you don’t have to worry.
- Mobile Desktop Account Center – With ASG Connect, it is easy to interact with your home from wherever you are. Just simply log onto the webpage and you can view the entire home and account info from any device. This also allows you to make any adjustments to the system from the road.
- Electronic Door Locks – With this feature integrated into your security system you can remotely lock and unlock doors from anywhere.
While ASG provides a quality home automation package, it is missing some of the typical features offered by other home security companies. For example, with thermostat control most companies also include a flood sensor, freeze-pipe sensor, a smoke detector, and a carbon monoxide detector. These features allow homeowners further protection and monitoring capabilities over their own homes. Another common function in other home automation packages is video surveillance systems coupled with remote smart phone monitoring capabilities. For example, through ADT when you purchase their home automation package you get indoor and outdoor camera equipment with live image reports.
|Year||Monthly Revenue||Subscribers||RMR From Previous Year||Full-time Employees|
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Visit our Request Reconsideration page and send us your feedback today!