Alarm Security Group (ASG) designed their business model to ensure they know who their customers are and what they expect. ASG takes pride in knowing that each and every customer is just a short reach away.
|Rank Chart||Monthly Price||Upfront Costs||Video||Our Score|
ASG Security has two types of systems: Vista 20 and 2GIG. The Vista 20, built by Ademco, is a hardwired system that connects to a landline. VISTA-20P gives you the ability to send alarm signals and upload/download via an Internet Protocol (IP), improving the speed at which information can be delivered to and from the control panel. The panel’s installation advantages, innovative end-user benefits and robust system capacity make the value-priced VISTA-20P an ideal choice for higher end installations.
The 2GIG system is wireless and supports GSM communication allowing for cellular monitoring. The 2GIG system comes with a GO! Control Panel. Go!Control allows the central station to listen in and talk to the homeowner when a signal is received. In addition, customers can now control lighting, HVAC, and other Z-Wave appliances in the home right from the panel, web-enabled phone, or the internet. No need for extra hardware—it’s all contained within the Go!Control panel.
The standard ASG Security package includes:
- 1 control panel
- 3 window/door sensors
- 1 motion detector
- Yard sign and decals
ASG Security has built their business model around customer interaction and service. They pride themselves in giving personal one-on-one attention to customers. ASG Security offers to packages with two competitive prices. The monitoring fee for their wireless, cellular system starts at $27.99 per month. ASG has licenses in 18 states + DC in the US. While they may intentionally limit themselves to a smaller customer base, they’ve done so in efforts to provide a premium service.
ASG Security has an A+ with the Better Business Bureau and has received a marginal 101 complaints in the last 3-years all of which are resolved.
ASG Security’s web site does not provide information such as pricing and equipment specs/details. We called their head quarters and were directed to call a local branch. The local branch then prompted us to give our telephone number to be contacted by a sales rep. The customer information and process could be more efficient. It took us 4 calls to discover information about pricing, installation fees, and equipment details.
ASG is not as transparent as they could be when it comes to providing information needed by a consumer. This is somewhat of a concern. BHSC experts reached out to ASG security and are concerned with the following practices:
- Lack of transparency – It shouldn’t take four phone calls to find out (or provide an estimate) about how much a service costs. Why is that a secret?
- Limited options – The installation must be done by a professional (which means spending a little extra), even though it is a wireless system.
- Billing – Some customers have experienced an increase in rate without being given prior notice.
The ASG home automation system allows you to walk into your home and instantly feel comfortable by giving you the ability to remotely control light switches, doors, and the temperature. It provides an easier way to manage the technologies you depend on for a secure, comfortable home. The following are the main features that come with an ASG home automation system:
- Touch Screen Panel – When you integrate the automation system with the alarm system, everything you need to manage the home can be done from the wall-mounted digital LCD panel. No push buttons. No codes. Just simple, easy-to-read text on a touch screen display.
- Temperature Control – This is another convenient feature offered by the ASG system. Control the climate of your home every day from wherever you happen to be. For example, on a cold day you can heat up your house on your way home from work so it’s comfortable when you get home.
- Lighting and Small Appliance Control – From your touch screen panel you can control anything from lamps to curling irons to coffee pots. Any lights or appliances that often are forgotten can be turned off on a schedule so you don’t have to worry.
- Mobile Desktop Account Center – With ASG Connect, it is easy to interact with your home from wherever you are. Just simply log onto the webpage and you can view the entire home and account info from any device. This also allows you to make any adjustments to the system from the road.
- Electronic Door Locks – With this feature integrated into your security system you can remotely lock and unlock doors from anywhere.
While ASG provides a quality home automation package, it is missing some of the typical features offered by other home security companies. For example, with thermostat control most companies also include a flood sensor, freeze-pipe sensor, a smoke detector, and a carbon monoxide detector. These features allow homeowners further protection and monitoring capabilities over their own homes. Another common function in other home automation packages is video surveillance systems coupled with remote smart phone monitoring capabilities. For example, through ADT when you purchase their home automation package you get indoor and outdoor camera equipment with live image reports.
|Year||Monthly Revenue||Subscribers||RMR From Previous Year||Full-time Employees|
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Visit our Request Reconsideration page and send us your feedback today!