General Security is a long-established company (over 50 years) that is family owned and operated. They specialize in designing, installing, and servicing cutting edge, state-of-the-art home security systems.
- UL Certified Monitoring Stations
- Protection Connection
- Quality Business Security Systems
UL Certified Monitoring Stations
With 2UL certified central monitoring stations, your home can be monitored 24/7. General Security has one of the largest customer bases of locally monitored alarm systems from upstate New York, to North Carolina.
Your home can also be protected with the following state-of-the-art features:
- Control Panel and Key Pads
- Door and Window Sensors
- Interior Motion Sensors (Pet-Friendly models available!)
- Glass Break Devices
- Audible Alarm Sirens
- Remote Controls
- Yard Signs and Window Stickers included
General Security uses their own PROTECTION CONNECTION™ system with the option to set up multiple cameras you can monitor right from your PC or laptop. Using their smart technology, you can ensure every area of your property is completely safe.
Quality Business Security Systems
General Security's commercial security systems are definitely high-tech and high quality. Here are some facts about their commercial systems:
- The keypad located at entrances allows you to arm and disarm the security system.
- Door contacts are magnetic devices that trigger the alarm system when opened.
- Motion sensors are interior protection devices which detect changes in infrared energy levels.
- Glassbreak detectors identify the sound of breaking glass.
- Sirens and strobes are attached to the interior and exterior of the building to draw attention to the intrusion.
- Limited Service Area
- 5-Year Contract
Limited Service Area
General Security has a limited service area. Their areas are Rochester, Richmond VA, Buffalo NY, Winston Salem NC, Long Island, Utica NY, and Albany NY.
Their typical contract is five years. A month-to-month contract is not available unless you want to pay for the system up-front, which is a little over $500 (though this has not been confirmed).
General Security has plenty of experience in protecting homes, having been deep-rooted in the east coast. However, compared to other home security systems, their monthly costs are high. For a more affordable home security system, we recommend checking out Vivint Smart Home.
About General Security
They have a number of residential and commercial systems to choose from as well as the ability to customize your own security and home automation solutions. Here are some of the options you can choose from:
- Burglar Alarm
- Fire & Life Safety
- Intercom/Video & Gate
- Remote Video Monitoring
- Natural Gas Supply & Service
- Fire Alarms
- Security Systems
- Vigilant Life & Life Safety
- Video Surveillance
- Access Control
- Natural Gas Supply & Service
|Monthly Monitoring Fee||$41.95-$69.95|
|Install & Equipment Fee||Undisclosed|
|System Relocation Fee||Undisclosed|
|Review Last Updated: June 24, 2020|
Many companies on this site provide compensation to us through commissions, allowing us to provide more accurate data to customers for free. Expert analysis, company research, and an aggregate review score determine the ranking of the companies listed on this site. Find out more.