Link Interactive is currently the #1 home security company.
Link Interactive was founded in 2010 and is currently headquartered in Ogden, Utah. The company focuses on providing quality service and claims to work alongside homeowners on their DIY home security projects.
Link Interactive has a high user rating thanks to its satisfied customers, who pay an upfront fee for wireless home security devices.
One key distinction of Link Interactive is that its smart devices may be used without a pricey emergency monitoring contract. Customers can purchase a Link Interactive contract for 1, 2, or 3 years starting at $30.99 per month.
- Eqiupment and Money Back Guarantees
- Potentially Short Contract
- Positive Link Interactive Reviews
- Link Interactive Mobile App
- Z-Wave Technology
Equipment and Money Back Guarantees
All equipment from Link Interactive comes with a three-year warranty.
After the purchase and installation of the equipment, Link Interactive offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If for whatever reason you are dissatisfied, you can send it right back to them with no strings attached.
Potentially Short Contract
Link Interactive offers 1-3 year contracts for alarm monitoring. It is unclear how much the pricing changes based on your contract. Most home security companies have a three-year contract for professional monitoring, and finding a company with only a one year contract is rare.
Positive Link Interactive Reviews
Most of the reviews we have for Link Interactive are positive. In fact, customers rate the company an average of 9 out of 10. These reviews praise Link Interactive for customer service - fast help, solving problems, helpful, and making customers feel valued. Even the sales process is given positive feedback in the reviews, something rare in the home security industry. Other reviews attest that the equipment is reliable and easy to install.
Link Interactive Mobile App
Because Link Interactive seems to have a partnership with Alarm.com, the mobile app its equipment functions off of is the Alarm.com app.
Alarm.com is a well-established home security device vendor and its app has a 4.7/5 star rating with over 30,000 customer reviews.
A security system that utilizes z-wave technology can provide a higher level of security through encrypted communication. Z-wave devices use transmitters and secure protocols to protect your home automation devices from outside tampering. Fortunately, Link Interactive's devices are compatible with z-wave technology.
Whichever company customers decide to hire, they should look into whether that company offers z wave devices and other important automation features.
- Monthly Monitoring Fees
- High Upfront Costs
- Cancellation Policy
Monthly Monitoring Fees
While Link Interactive offers services and equipment comparable to most DIY home security companies, its expensive rates and high upfront costs place it several steps behind industry leaders.
Link Interactive charges $30.99/month for its most basic package, $35.99/month for the Gold package, and $40.99/month for the elite package. These packages are just for monitoring (see cost breakdown under "About Link Interactive").
High Upfront Costs
All equipment, besides a basic control hub, is purchased at full price, upfront.
So not only are you paying $30-45 a month for the company to monitor your home security system, but you will also need to select and purchase all of your equipment separately.
Prices for popular home security products are listed below.
Home security, not automation, equipment for a medium-sized house will run you about $675 upfront (3 door/window sensors, 2 motion detectors, indoor camera, doorbell camera, smart lock).
It is unclear whether there are any activation fees along with Link Interactive's security monitoring.
If customers decide they do not want the system any longer, they will be required to pay 100% of the balance of the contract, which can amount to hundreds, or over a thousand dollars if the contract is terminated early. Other home security companies charge only a fraction of the balance, sometimes as low as 20%.
Link Home Security appears to have good customer service, along with the option to customize their home security package but will be susceptible to high up-front costs, and high monthly monitoring fees. If high upfront costs are worth the trade-off of a potentially short contract (1-3 years), then Link Home Security is worth looking into.
About Link Interactive
How Much Does Link Interactive Cost?
Link Interactive charges between $30.99/mo for standard monitoring, $39.99/mo for gold monitoring, and $44.99/mo for elite monitoring. Link Interactive also charges $200+ for installation and even more for additional equipment.
The company offers three monitoring packages for home security and home automation. The only equipment included in these packages is the control panel.
All equipment is purchased separately and upfront (note that all Link Interactive cameras and recorders require an internet connection).
- Professional, cellular monitoring
- 2-way voice monitoring station
- Smoke, fire, and carbon monoxide detectors
- All monitoring and alarms from the Standard package
- Light control
- Smart locks
- Smart thermostat
- Remote access to system
- All monitoring, alarms, and home automation from the Gold package
- HD video monitoring
About Video Monitoring
Link Interactive offers a number of video streaming options with its Premium package.
Customers can monitor security cameras remotely, access live video streams, record videos, or schedule recordings ahead of time. Link's security cameras employ both motion detection and night vision technology, so users will be immediately alerted day or night of activity surrounding their homes.
Equipment From Link Interactive
- 2GIG Go! Control panel — Free with Monitoring: 2GIG has quite a few different types of control panels. The GO! Control Panel (otherwise known as the GC2 System) specifically has a color touch screen interface, cellular communication, two-way voice capability, Z-Wave RF protocol, and interfaces available in both English and Spanish.
- Door sensors — $34-37: Door sensors are made to panic intruders with an extremely loud and effective noise set to go off when your alarm system is active. They are one of the cheaper home security products provided through the Link Interactive system.
- Window sensor — $22: Window sensors are essentially the same product as a door sensor, they are simply created specifically for windows.
- Motion detector — $50-112: A motion detector, otherwise known as a motion sensor, is a product created to track motion and alert homeowners when breaches are detected while an alarm system is set. Motion sensors may include a security camera and video storage and are commonly believed to be an essential part of any DIY installation package in home security.
- Smart lock — $135-204: Smart door locks can have a huge variety of capabilities, including voice control, geofencing, and the ability to keep tabs on who enters and exits. Smart locks can even have an IFTTT channel that allows it to connect to and trigger other devices. For example, you can program your alarm to set automatically once someone leaves the house.
- Garage opener — $31-73: Smart garage door openers have features that allow the garage to be opened from a mobile app. These garage door openers are also able to connect and integrate with your Link security system.
- Keychain remote/key fob — $24: A simple remote key fob to lock/unlock doors or turn on/off systems at the touch of a button.
- Glass break sensor — $69: Glass break sensors are designed to detect the noise from breaking glass and then set an alarm once the breach is detected.
- Panic button — $29: Panic buttons will allow authorities to be alerted to your location at the touch of a button.
- Carbon monoxide detector — $80: These devices are made to detect the presence of carbon monoxide (CO) gas in your home. The alarm will emit a noise when it detects carbon monoxide. This is one of the more essential home security products available.
- Smoke, fire, freeze detector — $66: Just as the name implies, this security device detects the presence of smoke, fire, or harmful cold temperatures.
- Smart thermostat — $85-118: This smart home device is meant to track and change the temperature in your home automatically.
- Water leak detector — $48: Tracks the presence of water leaks in your home.
- Indoor camera — $136-$310: Available with wires or wireless, indoor security cameras are generally available with 2k video, integrated spotlights and sirens, motion detection, color night vision, and wide field of view.
- Outdoor camera — $211: Most outdoor cameras should include a higher resolution and quality than indoor cameras as well as options for spotlights, motion detection, and video storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Link Interactive monitoring center located?
The company has multiple monitoring centers, all located within Utah and Idaho.
What is Link Interactive's response time?
Link Interactive uses Avantguard monitoring centers, which is one of the leading monitoring companies in the industry. Avantguard's response time is 20 seconds on average.
Is Link Interactive an Alarm.com dealer?
Yes. Alarm.com provides Link Interactive with software services which allow customers to pay only one bill.
How many cameras can I have with video monitoring?
Customers may have a total of 10 cameras per account. However, more cameras will add to your bill (4 cameras are $5/month).
Is Link Interactive a good company?
Link Interactive has received high praise from its customers, making it the #1 home security company on Best Home Security Companies' website. Additionally, Link Interactive has been in business for over 60 years, proving itself by impressing the customers it serves.
What do I do in the event of a false alarm?
You have 30 seconds to disarm the alarm before the actual signal is sent. In this case, you do not need to take further action. However, if you want to find out whether the signal was sent, confirm that it was disarmed in time, or cancel the alarm, you should call the Link Interactive monitoring center at 1-800-662-2512.
|Monthly Monitoring Fee||$30.99-$44.99|
|Install & Equipment Fee||$200+|
|Contract Length||36 Months|
|Cancellation Policy||Pay Balance|
|System Relocation Fee||Free|
|Review Last Updated: June 16, 2020|
Many companies on this site provide compensation to us through commissions, allowing us to provide more accurate data to customers for free. Expert analysis, company research, and an aggregate review score determine the ranking of the companies listed on this site. Find out more.