Northstar Alarm Services has 24/7 monitoring and customer support. They also offer Lifetime Security Protection (LSP) coverage on defective parts and labor, as long as accounts are current. They also improved their customer service by partnering with eOriginal, Incorporated, to accept electronic signatures. This union enables Northstar the capability to quickly finalize contracts by eliminating the need to fill-out documents.
|Rank Chart||Monthly Price||Upfront Costs||Video||Our Score|
|$34.99 - $75.99||$0-$99||Yes||
Here are some additional benefits and features of Northstar Alarm:
- Member of National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association
- Extensively trained reps and employees
- 24/7 Rapid Response monitoring
Purportedly, the biggest issue with Northstar Alarm Services involves misleading tactics by service technicians. Several customers claim they were not thoroughly informed of what they would be charged for. Another issue with Northstar involves former customers, who stated they still received monthly invoices after they terminated their service agreements. Some customers have expressed dissatisfaction with Northstar because of their relocation policies. Customers who move have two options, they can either pay the cancellation fee or continue to incur monthly fees.
Another downside of Northstar Alarm was their customer support. We called for more information concerning their products and asked questions concerning: price, cancellation, installation, contract, and monitoring. Our rep’s responses were ambiguous at best.
Northstar customers have also experienced similar issues when dealing with certain aspects of this service. Real customers who have left complaints include:
- Misleading sales tactics – There have been complaints by customers saying they were, in a way, “tricked” into a Northstar contract.
- Installation problems – Customers have also experienced problems with installation saying the equipment doesn’t function properly even after being installed by a professional.
- Customer service – There have been reports of customer service representatives failing to help customers in a timely and orderly fashion.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Visit our Request Reconsideration page and send us your feedback today!