AT&T Digital Life offers wireless home security monitoring and home automation.
Their monthly costs and upfront costs are slightly higher than competitors, which is offset with a shorter initial contract length. Customers can control alarms and automations through the Digital Life mobile app.
- 2-Year Contract
- 24/7 Monitoring
- Free Installations
AT&T Digital Life's minimum contract length of 24 months.
Most professional home security companies have a 3- to 5-year contract.
The reason AT&T Digital Life can offer a short contract is because they have high up-front equipment fees. Other companies with no minimum contract length will have similarly high up-front fees.
Like most home security companies, Digital Life professionally monitors each of its home security systems around the clock, which means customers can rest assured that their home and family will be safe in the event of a break-in.
AT&T Digital Life will perform all standard home security system installations for free.
This cuts down on upfront costs and makes installing a security system more affordable for customers.
Additionally, AT&T's home security systems are compatible with other hardware, so customers who already have home security equipment can make a seamless transition to Digital Life.
- Negative AT&T Digital Life Reviews
- Expensive Monitoring and Equipment
Negative AT&T Digital Life Reviews
With nearly 1,000 reviews from real AT&T Digital Life customers, we believe we have an accurate consumer rating of 1 out 10 for the company.
Best Home Security Companys never removes reviews in exchange for money with companies.
Here is a summary of the biggest AT&T Digital Life complaints people have had in 2019:
- Equipment. A few reviewers have had issues with AT&T Digital Life's equipment - specifically the door sensors. Multiple reviews mention having to pay to re-install the equipment when they move, even though the company advertises "Free installations".
- Customer Service. Many reviewers are not happy with AT&T Digital Life's poor customer service. Several mention that they are unable to effectively communicate with customer service agents.
- Cancellation. As with most home security companies, customers can't cancel their contract with AT&T Digital Life. Several customers are paying extra fees when the cancel, even when their contract is up.
Expensive Monitoring and Equipment
Customers can choose from three main packages.
- Smart Security: $549.99 upfront, $39.99 monthly - 24/7 professionally installed and monitoring with home safety features and devices. This package includes a door sensor, motion sensor, window sensor, and an indoor siren.
- Smart Security and Automation: $549.99 upfront, $54.99 monthly - Includes all features of the Smart Security package plus the Camera Package and Door Package. Feature s include window sensors, a garage door controller, smart door locks, an outdoor camera, and more.
- Premium Security and Automation: $849.99 upfront, $64.99 monthly - Includes everything from the lower security packages as well as a smart thermostat, light control, and other energy features. A temp & water sensor is also included to detect water leaks and tell you the ambient temperature of the room.
With rather expensive packages and an abundance of negative reviews, we recommend you research companies like Vivint Smart Home, which starts at $19.99 a month for professional installation.
|Monthly Monitoring Fee||$39.99|
|Install & Equipment Fee||$149.99|
|Cancellation Policy||Fees May Apply|
|System Relocation Fee||Fees May Apply|
|Review Last Updated: June 23, 2020|
Many companies on this site provide compensation to us through commissions, allowing us to provide more accurate data to customers for free. Expert analysis, company research, and an aggregate review score determine the ranking of the companies listed on this site. Find out more.