Safe Streets USA is an authorized ADT monitoring provider. They offer home security services in 33 states and have physical locations is North Carolina, Washington, Idaho, Utah, and Arizona.
Safe Streets is not available in the following states: AK, HI, KS, KY, MA, ME, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, OH, RI, SD, VT, WI, WY.
The company's equipment is installed with a technician (no DIY installation available).
- Backup Battery Power
- Average Contract Length
Backup Battery Power
Safe Streets USA also provides users with a backup battery to power the security system if the power goes out.
And with Safe Street USA's professional installation, customers won't need to worry about where to place sensors or cameras; alarm company technicians will find the best strategic locations possible for a security camera and your other equipment.
For added peace of mind, Safe Streets offers a six-month money-back guarantee on every professional installation.
Average Contract Length
All security and automation packages from Safe Streets USA come with a 36-month contract.
A 36-month contract is typical in the home security industry. Some companies offer month-to-month contracts if you purchase all your equipment up front.
Other companies require a 60-month contract when you don't pay anything upfront. Make sure to read through Safe Street's contract before signing up.
- High Costs
- Cancellation Policy
- Complaints Against SafeStreets USA
All Safe Streets USA packages require professional installation. Depending on which package you select, installation costs anywhere from $99-$199.
The cheapest monitoring package that Safe Streets offers is $36.99/month.
A basic home security package from other companies is a lot less expensive.
Even for the company's most expensive package ($62.99/month), a lot of the equipment that you would want in a home automation system isn't included and has to be purchased separately.
Overall, Safe Streets is more expensive than our top-rated home security companies. Additionally, customers can only monitor their home with the ADT Pulse Voice App if they purchase a system that is over $50 monthly.
Furthermore, if customers want to cancel their home security subscription before the contract has expired, they are required to contact customer service and pay an early termination fee (75% of the remaining balance), which can result in thousands of dollars.
ADT has a Mover's Package Guarantee - if you have used their service for two years and your account is in good standing, you can move your home monitoring package to your new home.
However, you must then sign a new 36-month agreement.
Complaints against Safe Streets USA
Overall, Safe Streets reviews are negative on Best Home Security Companys.
The average customer rates them at 3 out of 10. Below is a summary of the Safe Streets USA reviews we have:
- Many reviewers are upset that they are unable to cancel the 3-year contract they sign with Safe Streets. Some claim that they did not realize what they were signing up for.
- Customers complain about the outdated, poor quality, and high cost of Safe Street's equipment.
- Several customers have had installation issues.
- Safe Streets sells themselves as ADT when they are a separate company.
- Poor experiences with customer service.
Safe Streets USA is an authorized ADT dealer that requires long-term contracts and professional installation.
For more affordable and reliable options, potential customers should look into Vivint.
About Safe Streets USA
Through ADT, Safe Streets USA offers five packages that are clearly laid out, with equipment and pricing.
Each home security system is professionally installed for $99, with the exception of ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home, which is $199 to install.
Security systems are all professionally installed by a technician, have professional, 24/7 monitoring, yard signs, and a keychain remote.
Note that not all package can be controlled with a mobile app.
Standard Monitoring: $36.99/month
- Digital keypad
- Entryway contacts
- Pet sensitive motion detector
- High-decibel alarm
- Backup battery
Premium Cellular: $44.99/month
- All equipment from the Standard Monitoring package
ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access: $52.99/month
- All equipment from the Premium Cellular package
- Mobile app access (remote control of home security, phone notifications)
ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security: $58.99/month
- All equipment from the ADT Pulse Tier I Remote Access package
- Indoor camera (real-time video)
ADT Pulse Tier III + Video Security & Home: $62.99/month
- With this system, you can purchase additional home automation equipment at an additional cost: extra light control, smart thermostat, door lock, appliance control)
- All equipment from the ADT Pulse Tier II + Video Security package
- Light control (for one fixture)
With all packages, you can purchase the following equipment to monitor your home:
- Fire/smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide monitoring
- Flood monitoring
- Touchscreen keypad