For more than 40 years, Vector Security has protected people and property by providing intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer.
|Rank Chart||Monthly Price||Upfront Costs||Video||Our Score|
Vector Security consistently has problems with customer service. These problems stem from personal accounts and not from the business or national accounts. As such, it would appear that the company is far more concerned with major accounts than with the individual customer. The company continually receives customer complaints through the BBB. The majority of these complaints pertain to equipment problems, but there are also several complaints about excessive billing. In one such case, a former client claims to have been overcharged by several thousand dollars. This case is still pending resolution. Additionally, over ¼ of these complaints have not been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
While Vector is a rising force in the home security industry, there are things they could do to improve upon their services and decrease the number of unsatisfied customers. BHSC experts believe Vector could make improvements in the following areas:
- Cancelation policy: Customers have complained that after completing their contract with Vector, it is difficult to terminate services. If the contract length has been met, customers should be able to cancel at their own will without experiencing resistance.
- Customer service issues: Some Vector customers have experienced problems when trying to get questions answered and issues resolved. There have been instances where Vector did not even return phone calls.
- Billing issues: Promises were made, but then customers will billed for services they were not aware of. It makes it more difficult when the customer service department is unresponsive.
Vector Security offers 24/7 customer service and monitoring with most technical issues resolved remotely. The company provides regional and national security monitoring services to both individual and business clients through the use of landline and cellular monitoring systems. These systems provide for redundant monitoring capability to ensure that the service is never lost due to technical issues with phone service. This company has also been recognized nationally for their false alarms protocols which greatly reduce expense for homeowners and authorities alike. Furthermore, the company offers extensive educational resources through their online site to assist customers with a wide variety of security issues and technical questions.
Some of the Vector Security features include:
- Monitored burglar, fire and carbon monoxide alarms
- Video surveillance
- Mobile solutions
- Personal emergency response
- Energy management
- Environmental hazard monitoring
- Home technologies
The Bottom Line
Vector Security is a highly reputable company which works diligently to correct any issues which arise through the course of business. Overall, we would recommend Vector Security despite the negative information and complaints filed with the BBB based on the cost of services provided, the length of business, and extensive number of services offered. This company seems to be making strides to resolve all customer issues and is taking necessary steps to ensure that such issue do not continue in the future. Lastly, the number of overall complaints is well below national averages for a company of this size.
Click Here to view the top ranked home security providers.
|Year||Monthly Revenue||Subscribers||RMR From Previous Year||Full-time Employees|
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Visit our Request Reconsideration page and send us your feedback today!